Travel: 11 Questions to Ask Before You Book A Rental Home
A popular idea is to rent a home for the holidays.
Airbnb has made it very easy...for individuals.
But what about families?
There are still plenty of options!
Whether you take your family to a cozy cabin in the mountains or to the sandy beaches of the Caribbean, a family vacation during the holiday season can be the stage for life-long memories.
But it can also be a huge investment -between 5-10% of your income.
So, of course you want to be smart and do your research...
Here's some important questions to ask the property owner BEFORE you book your next vacation house.
- Is this image a picture of the actual rental or part of the resort's amenities?
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?
- How far away is this property from top attractions? Are the miles calculated as aerial distance vs. driving distance?
- Pet-friendly? Is there a pet fee for the family dog?
- Confirm that it is a private home or a shared space?
- Can I actually book this rental or do I have to wait for the owner to respond to me?
- Does this rental have central A/C?
- Is this total actually the total?
- Is there an onsite manager?
- Are medical facilities close by?
Accidents and illnesses often come up on a family vacation. Good to know your options and proximity to the rental property.
- What are the dimensions of the mattress?
*Thanks to VaycayHero for providing us with this story.
Got a tip? Let us know and we'll post it here!
Labels airbnb, Davina Dayvee Sutton, rental home, travel, travel tips, vacation, vacations, vacayhero