Our favorite flight attendant is back to give her best tips and insider stories about the friendly skies.
Take notes because she drops some great insight.
1. be mindful that not all travelers are going on vacation. Some are in transport for medical conditions, some are going to visit bury family members.
2. flight attendants are not over paid waiters or waitresses. Their primary duty is for safety, mandated by the FAA.
3. the most critical parts of the flight are during takeoff and landing.
4. the many rules you hear before and during flight are created by the federal government. So it is pointless to try and negotiate the rules. It is actually illegal for the flight staff to break any rules on your behalf. The consequence will be fines and even jail.
5. you can ask for the whole can of pop/soda!
6. please don't side eye the mom's with screaming infants on the plane. Sometimes, you can even offer to lend a helping hand.
7. don't fly while congested. It's painful and can have permanent damage to eardrums.
8. did you know that the pilots can control the air temperature on the airplane. If there are enough complaints, the flight attendants can call the cabin and ask them to adjust it.
9. warnings for barefoot passengers, even in socks, the restrooms are disgusting! Many people have bad aim in the sky (for number 1 and number 2)! Bringing Clorox wipes is NOT a bad idea.
10. the biggest difference with Economy comfort is that there is more leg room. The seat sizes are the same.
11. before the cabin door is closed, but once boarding is nearly finished, if you see a better seat, politely ask the flight attendant if you can change to that seat.
12. flight attendants remember and will give extra rewards if you are genuinely kind to them!