Beauty: Younique Product Review (And 5 Facts that May Surprise You!)
Local Younique presenter Maggie Jimeno recently gave me some products to try out. She and I love discussing makeup, and she adores the brand she now sells. In addition to wearing the products myself, (and using them on a model) I asked Maggie to share 5 things about the Younique company that I might not know. I mean, there's GOT to be a reason why people keep buying and selling this stuff!
1) "The main thing I've gained from my first year with Younique is confidence and growth. I expected to sell makeup, but how I feel everyday as I work my business, the self-confidence I have gained is amazing. The Y sisterhood has recommended personal development books, and has online tutorials about running your own business."
Used the 4 pigments, the gloss, and the white eyeliner (to pretend to look wide awake!) with a very light handed approach for a soft, daytime work look!
2) Younique's mission statement is to empower, uplift and validate women. This is accomplished by "live it, love it and share it"! The Y sisterhood is amazing! The amount of support you get for the love of makeup turns into something more as you have people join your team. You get to know them on a personal level. Everyone has their own "why" they joined Younique. What developed is a sisterhood where we form our own bond and support each other. We are happy for each other's successes, and we celebrate them. When a sister is having a hard time, we support each other and uplift them, be it depression or serious medical issues.
Touching up my (Lucrative) lip gloss at the Firefighter's Banquet!
3) Younique is three years old and is debt and sponsor free. We use our own real presenters to promote our products, never professional models. Younique was founded by a brother and sister, Derek Maxfield and Melanie Maxfield Huscuft, who still run the business. They are the most giving people to run the fastest growing online direct selling company in history.
Used the four pigments on model Ayla at a recent shoot. They read great on camera and helped me create a glamorous look.
Photo by Rick Badillo
4) Younique has a personal mission as a company. We support a foundation whose mission is to help sexually abused women. We help them regain their confidence and help rehabilitate them to be self-supporting individuals. The company has a facility where women can apply to go to a retreat. This is supported in part by donations from people who buy our products. The retreat is in Utah, and when they land there, all expenses are covered.
Same model (Ayla), same pigments, just applied in several layers in order to create the Sally character from Nightmare Before Christmas. These pigments are quite versatile!
5) Younique is an equal opportunity company. Anyone can join and work their business as much or as little as they like. There is no discrimination whatsoever. The company also stands behind the phrase "Nature loves Science" as it applies to our products. Our products keep getting better and better which makes us proud to represent them!
You can contact Maggie to purchase products or become part of her team at:
or you can email her at: Mjimeno16@gmail.com
Labels beauty, Dani Lazaro, eye shadow pigments, eyeliner, lip gloss, Maggie Jimeno, makeup, modeling, product review, Rick Badillo, rose water, style, Younique