Real Life: Why you need a "Person"
Have you ever heard someone refer to another as their "person"? I never knew what people were talking about until I started binge watching Grey's Anatomy last summer after knee surgery.
It's a beautiful idea. Everyone needs one. When life gets crazy, there's got to be that one person that is in it with you, no matter what is going down.
My step dad has long maintained that people get married partially because they need someone to "tell".
Tell what? Everything!
We all need someone we can spill it all out to, whether weekly, nightly, or throughout the day via text.
Meredith and Christina have always been each other's person.
Finding a person may sound easy, but it's actually quite difficult. They should possess (in my opinion) the following qualities:
1) They're your biggest cheerleader
2) They can pull you out of your doldrums with a simple inside joke
3) When you're insanely irrational and cranky, they will jump on the bandwagon and complain about trivial things right along with you. Even though they fully realize you are being absolutely ridiculous.
4) It doesn't matter what you tell your person - they won't judge you.
5) You feel better just having your person in the room.
6) Most importantly, you provide all of the above for them too!
So ok, I definitely do NOT advocate murder or crime of ANY kind, but you get the point. Your person is there for you, with you, no matter what.
You can even get "person" merchandise!!! I found this on:
Who is YOUR person? Share this with them, and thank them for all they do!!!